Combine your BI and Finance skills and play a key role in driving operational efficiencies and insightful analysis across this dynamic organisation.
- Newly created role to support & drive business performance
- Conveniently located in the South East
- Work closed to finance and operations
A dynamic organisation that provides essential services are going through an exciting organisational change. They require a system savvy Financial Planning Analyst to come on board and support the finance team in delivering quality insightful reports across the business through the use of Business Intelligence.
Reporting to the FP&A Manager you will be responsible for the development of annual work planning, budgeting and forecasting and providing KPI and dashboard reporting to aid decision making.
Key duties will include:
- Work closely with Finance team and external stakeholders to own and manage ongoing forecasting.
- Partner with Finance stakeholders to manage budget and forecast development and process.
- Work in partnership with the finance team to deep dive into costing and scenario modelling.
- On-going development and management of reports such as three-way modelling, monthly profits, KPI’s and operational performance.
- Leading the management of reporting from Excel, the ERP System and BI reporting tool.
- Build reporting tools/systems using Power BI, including databases and spreadsheets to summaries data which can be used for decision making.
- Extract and loading of information onto the BI system to create insightful reports.
- Develop efficiencies around the budgeting and forecasting process and cost analysis.
- Assisting with completion of any allocated monthly financial reporting requirements, including year-end compliance.
- Development and ongoing maintenance of reporting templates in Excel and data models.
- Assist in the maintenance of the ERP and BI system and proactively look for ways to extract value from their capabilities.
- Improve automation and seek opportunities to partner with the business to streamline business wide data needs from Finance.
To be considered for this role you will come from a finance background within the commercial sector and have proven experience in an analytical role. Demonstrated experience of using Power BI and the ability to extract, load and transform data will be essential. As this role requires working with and managing a range of stakeholders, the confidence to influence and challenge status quo will be critical to be successful in this role.