Data science is an interdisciplinary field that uses scientific methods, processes, algorithms and systems to extract insights and knowledge form structured and unstructured data, and apply knowledge from data across a broad range of application domains.
Skills required to be a Data Scientist –
- Thorough knowledge of statistics and other important mathematical concepts
- Experienced with various tools like Python, R, SAS etc.
- Should have the right expertise to deal with both structured and unstructured data.
- Well versed with SQL and NoSQL.
- Knowledge of Machine Learning algorithms is a must.
- Possession of Big Data tools like Hadoop Mahout, and Spark will increase the value of data scientists
Tools used by Data Scientist Python, R, SAS, SQL (MySQL, Oracle PL/SQL), Big Data Tools (Apache Hadoop, Spark), NoSQL (Cassandra, Redis), TensorFlow
Data Scientist are so interesting to talk to!
We often find that there is some confusion found between a Data Scientist and a Data Analyst.
The Konnexus Team – specializing in the recruitment of Data Analytics, Business Intelligence, AI & Machine Learning.