Join a business experiencing enviable growth and help them make shape future business strategy. Retail or product-based background required.
- Highly-Analytical Role
- Family Flexibility
- Brand New Offices
Do you want to work for an organisation that is experiencing continued growth in the Australian market?
A retail and wholesale distribution business with an enviable range of effective, efficient and environmentally products, they foster open dialogue with their customers based on partnership.
As a global company, they see themselves as a benchmark. They are working towards occupying a leading position in the market and aim to be a global leader in all areas of their business.
Continuing to grow their presence in the Australian market, their offices are located in Melbourne’s South-Eastern suburbs.
They are looking for a Senior Business Analyst to join their team.
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner, by using a consultative approach, the Senior Business Analyst will work closely with the commercial teams in the Oceania region to support, challenge and inform by providing financial information, tools, analysis and insight to help make optimally informed decisions and shape business strategy.
Key deliverables will include:
- Provide ongoing analysis and insight on product and customer margin performance and support the commercial teams to optimise product and customer mix, provide insight on variance to budgeted profit margins.
- Review and analyse underlying drivers of variances.
- Be a key driver in appropriate business projects and work closely with the key stakeholders to analyse and define the levers necessary to improve efficiency and profitability in the relevant business unit and to provide vigilance and ongoing monitoring of progress.
- Monthly reporting of business performance with variance analysis on sales, margin and costs, using monthly cost-centre performance reviews with the commercial directors to challenge and ensure that adequate remedial measures are put in place to ensure KPIs remain on target.
- Work with the commercial teams to prepare reporting packs for monthly management meetings.
- Support the Head of Sales and Marketing with managing spend to ensure that it remains on track with all costs captured, invoicing approved and monthly accruals accurately calculated.
- Maintain master data for sales teams to ensure the sales and costs track through the system to the right channels.
- Work with the team to sett the five-year sales strategy and next year’s budget across sales and margin for the Oceania region.
- Assist the directors in preparing the templates for the strategy and budget presentations.
- Assist the management team with preparing templates for the annual performance review for submission to head office.
- Currently working in a global commercial or retail/product-based organisation.
- An analytical, proactive mindset and a can-do positive entrepreneurial attitude.
- The ability to constructively challenge in order to seek better outcomes.
- Strong core finance skills and excellent proficiency in ERP (SAP an advantage), Management Information Systems and advanced Excel skills.
- Ideally working towards or a qualified CA/CPA.
If you want to join their established finance team in this progressive role, please reach out to me for a confidential discussion today.