Exclusively recruiting a Project Finance Lead on behalf of a public company who provides essential services to the education industry. Fully supported and funded by the Australian government their core focus is to provide advice and governance to improve effectiveness in the education sector.
Reporting to the General Manager of Operations and CFO this role will be responsible for leading the day to day finance operations including management of the general ledger, driving the budgeting and forecasting and play an instrumental role in the implementation of a new system.
With proven experience within the government sector and as a finance leader you will have demonstrated the ability to work with and manage a number of external service providers.
Scope of the role
- Oversight of the operational finance functions including managing compliance requirements, preparation of board packs and year end reporting
- Maintenance of the general ledger and assisting the CFO with preparing monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements
- Drive the implementation of a new accounting software including the management of verifying data migration and operational requirements, involvement across solution design and defining change impact from policy and procedures
- Review and enhance existing financial and administrative procedures and policies, ensuring operational processes meet regulatory requirements
- Aid the program teams to build financial planning, forecasting and risk management capability which will improve integrity of data
- Support the CFO in driving the annual budgeting process across the business
- Completion of monthly management reports for on going projects including quarterly forecasting, variance analysis of budget tracking against actual and forecast
As a hands on operator, you will be a motivated, engaging and confident individual who has the ability to build strong professional relationships across an organisation. Coming from a similar industry you will be equipped with knowledge of sound finance practices and procedures.
You will need
- CA or CPA qualification with a proven background in a senior finance role from the government or education sector
- Demonstrated effective financial management experience across projects
- Proven experience of implementing an accounting software
- Pro activeness to build and maintain collaborative partnerships with key internal and external stakeholders to provide a high level of support
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you are seeking a new challenge and can become part of a progressive organisation that is focused on making positive changes to the education sector apply now or get in touch.
Location: Melbourne | Work Type: Permanent / Full Time
Click here to apply for this job or alternatively, email email@example.com